Parental Code of Conduct
LAFAYETTE RECREATION AND PARKS DEPARTMENT
YOUTH ATHLETICS PARENTAL CODE OF CONDUCT
As a parent of a child participating in a LRPD Youth Program:
- You pledge to provide positive support and encouragement for your child.
- You will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating it for all players, coaches and officials at every game and practice.
- You will emphasize the emotional and physical growth of your child rather than the wins and losses of the team.
- You will insist on a safe and healthy play environment for your child.
- You will require that your child’s coach attend all training offered and that they uphold the spirit and the intent of the program.
- You will not bring any alcoholic beverage onto or around the field before, during or after any practice or game.
- You will demand a sports environment that is free from drugs and tobacco.
- You will teach your child, by example, to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of their race, gender, creed or ability.
- You will help your child to enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever you can, such as being a respectful fan and helping the coach and the organization in whatever way you can.
- You will do everything you can to help your child to have a fun and happy youth sports experience.
**Violations of this code of conduct may result in disciplinary measures against a parent and/or a participant of this LRPD program. If you have any questions or believe that a parent is violating this code please look for a Board Member.**