Play CSA BASKETBALL in 2021
Considering the unique sports year, we have received many questions around the plan for CSA Basketball. CSA Basketball registration will open at the end of October. Basketball evals and the forming of teams will be in mid December and the season will start around the new year.
Please spread the word to family and friends interested in playing recreational basketball.
More details and exact dates to follow.
The CSA basketball program is for boys and girls ages 5 and up. Age groups are broken down into two (2) year groups defined by the oldest age in that group. For more information see the League Information posted to the right.
CSA will offer Boys Basketball and
Girls Basketball this Winter Season.
Why Play at CSA?
• Small Teams (7 to 8 players per team)
• All players must play two quarters
• End of the Season Tournament with Championship Game
Practice Information: Coaches - as CSA has done with the Baseball/Softball practices. We are attempting to schedule practices first by setting times for everyone and then by allowing coaches to request open slots for additional practice times. To request an open time please use the "Request Gym" button on the left under Practice Schedule. The current practice schedule has been posted.
Please note that should you not be able to use your spot please send an e-mail to the scheduler using the "Reserve Gym" page under Practice Schedule on the left. Please send the notice as far in advance as possible and at least a day in advance so that others can use the open slot. Failure to use a requested slot may result in future practice requests not being granted.
CSA uses the Comeaux Rec Center and School Gyms (Milton and Comeaux High School) with the blessing and permission of the City and School Administrations. It is the responsibility of everyone (Player, Coach, Parents) to keep the gyms as clean or cleaner than when we arrive. The school gyms are not to be left unattended. If there is no one following you, we will need to lock up. Please contact your coordinator should a team scheduled to practice after you fail to appear.
Please be mindful to clean up any mess or trash as we would hate to lose the use of these gyms.
CSA schedules practices using the following guidelines:
1) First come first serve basis during the week
2) One practice per week per team (during the week before a team gets a second practice)
3) Schedule only two weeks in advance
4) If your team practices one week (during the week) you will NOT automatically get a practice the following week as CSA trys to let every team get a practice every other week (although this cannot always be done).
5) If a practice spot is open within 72 hours then any team that requests will get the spot regardless if they have another practice scheduled that week.
Please note that we do not have unlimited practice availability and attempt to fulfill the requested practices.
Basketball is the only Winter Sport offered by CSA. Basketball is offered for children from 5 to 16 (Age attained before January 1) in the following age groups::
- U5/6 (Boys and Girls Play together - no referees and play only on Saturdays)
- U7/8 (Separate Boys and Girls divisions. Ages 7 and 8)
- U9/10 (Separate Boys and Girls divisions. Ages 9 and 10)
- U11/12 (Separate Boys and Girls divisions. Ages 11 and 12. Girls will likely play throughout the Parish)
- U13/14 (Separate Boys and Girls divisions. Ages 13 and 14. Likely to play throughout the Parish)
- U15/16 (Separate Boys and Girls divisions. Ages 13 and 14. Likely to play throughout the Parish)
All Star Play is offered for ages U9/10 and up. All Stars are not offered for the U5/6 or U7/8 age groups.
SUBMIT ANY QUESTIONS TO THE COMMISSIONER OF BASKETBALL by using the feedback page on the left.